The Easiest Beef Short Ribs
The Easiest Beef Short Ribs look so beautiful, hardly worth taking that first bite? You don’t really want to ruin the picturesque beauty of beef before you? It’s all good my friends, I got your back. If you’ve got fifteen minutes, things to do, house to clean or a nap to be had, then this Easiest Beef Short Rib recipe is your perfect companion. Come read along, it won’t take long to put you in a Beef Short Rib eat along.
Okay, I want to lick the screen too. Seriously though, you don’t need a huge spice rack, expensive cookware, or a fancy oven to get restaurant quality results in the comfort of your home. I really don’t have time to be in my kitchen every second of every day, that’s not ever going to happen. The prep time on this beg for more recipe is under ten minutes from start to finish ( I don’t pre grab all my ingredients first I pull and replace as needed). Not too sure about but, I just got really hungry.
So I will let you know right now that I have an amazing butcher that takes care of my food frenzied ideas. I’m a Canadian born and bred boy and we’ve got some of the best meats in the world. Period. Believe it or not, I’ve only ever been to the shop once. We spoke, looked at some previous recipes of mine and he did exactly as I needed him to do. He listened to me. If you are ever in Barrie Ontario, passing through to cottage country or here for a visit, you need to need to need to check these guys out. If you have family or friends close, they can check out my butcher here.
I think I have teased you long enough now. I know I’ve got myself all hungry and drooling all over again and I literally just finished these! Ok, here we go!
The Beefy Beginnings:
- 1 butcher packed Beef Short Rib
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3\4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp higher quality smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce ( I’m giving you mine)
Well now, that’s pretty simple no? Does anyone have to make an emergency run to the grocers for spices? I didn’t think so. This my friends are all you need for killer tasting ribs. Yep, that’s it. Now lets get these bad boys cooking shall we?
- Always give your beef and any other meats a nice little bath.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil and place your short ribs side by side on the foil.
- Salt, Pepper and spice the heck out of your ribs (don’t be shy, give them a good old-fashioned massage)
- Somewhere between the garlic and the paprika, rub your brown sugar everywhere it will stick.
- Once your ribs are all nicely coated with our rub, pack up your foil into an airproof pouch and put in a preheated 275-degree oven for 2.5 – 3 hours ( I only cook with the Breville Smart Air so my times are at the very minimum I’m giving you).
- Definitely pull them at 2.5 hours and give them a quick boo. This is your only way to ensure you don’t over or under cook.
- Pull at one of the beefier ribs and see how close it is to falling right off the bone( base the rest of your cook time on this).
- When your ribs are at your point of tenderness, pull them out and leave them covered for a minimum of 15 mins ( rest is good for these guys).
Easy no? Once your ribs have rested, they need a final dose of to die for bbq sauce and a quick broil. Ready for a seven ingredient bbq sauce that needs no cooking nor does it need to rest at all? Then here you go.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1\2 tbs molasses
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper just because
Mix it all up in a container and presto fagic, you’ve got yourself some delicious bbq sauce. Using a pastry brush, Drown your ribs in sauce and put back on broil (middle rack in a regular oven) for 10 – 14 mins. This is all dependant on if you want the brown sugar in the sauce to caramelize and char in spots. How cool is this? You are now ready to eat, scarf, devour, or just ravage your plate of restaurant grade Beef Short Ribs! Actual work time on this? Under 20 mins start to finish ( I also did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned two bathrooms and swept and mopped the main floor of the house while I had all that down time).
Whether you choose to Bbq this recipe from start to finish or you choose to bake in the oven, the results will be the same, the bbq just requires a more focused eye as you have to keep your temperature in check. Enjoy!
Like this recipe? PIN for later!