I love Halloween. Not only do we all get to dress up, our food gets a little bit funkier as the days get closer. These Sleyemeball Cupcakes are a huge hit around the house and I’m sure these Sleyemeball Cupcakes will be making an appearance at one of the kids’ classes too. Hard to believe it’s almost that spooky, Sleyemeball Cupcake time of year again.I was honestly making these as a test run for some Cupcakes for J. You know, a nice stress-free bake, no exceptions, no worries. Well, I fell in love with these little Sleyemeball Cupcakes and I think I may have just stolen them! Sorry babe, I think these are awesome! I’ll have to think up something super fun and funky for her to get past this one I’m sure.My kids couldn’t get enough of these Sleyemeball Cupcakes and it just so happens it was Justin’s birthday so, I added the extra eyeballs to his birthday cake (He loved the idea, hated the eyeballs)! All good enough with that one because I made sure that both these cupcakes and his birthday cake were super loaded with sugar. Why not? Isn’t that what the trick or treating is all about? I used to live for the trick or treating when I was young. Now I will settle for taking the kids out while dressing up as Barney. My kids clean house when they go out trick or treating it’s truly amazing.
Sleyemeball Cupcake Checklist:
- 1 box white cake mix
- silver cupcake liners
- green sparkle gel ( got ours at the Bulk Barn)
- Chewy eyeball candy (also Bulk Barn)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2-4 tbsp milk or cream
- 1/4 tsp bubblegum extract
So yeah, easy peasy yes? The actual instructions are just as simple as the ingredients.
- preheat oven to 350.
- line muffin trays with liners.
- mix your cake batter using an electric mixer or a stand mixer.
- bake as per instructed.
- set aside to cool off.
- beat your butter and bubblegum extract until creamy
- add in the sugar 1/2 cup at a time on low speed
- once all sugar is well combined, add your milk 1 tbsp at a time
- when you’ve reached your desired consistency, stop
- fill a piping bag and top your cupcakes
- do your slime thing all over the top and add the eyeball wherever suits your fancy
So with any luck, your cupcakes will look a whole lot fancier than these! I did mention that there isn’t an artistic bone in my body right?