Parchment Poached Salmon
Happy New Year! I thought I’d ring in the New Year with this Parchment Poached Salmon. There isn’t a ton of fish cooking in my house since I’m the only true fish lover here, but the new year brings new changes and thankfully, recipes like this incredibly easy and tasty Parchment Poached Salmon will be posted much more frequently.If you don’t already know, I’ve spent a lifetime in restaurants and bars. From working in the back to being the boss, I have had the good fortune to eat some pretty damn incredible fish in my time. Salmon is a great fish to cook with a lot of wiggle room for the beginner chef in all of us and this Parchment Poached Salmon recipe is a great first step.Only using 5 ingredients to marinade the filets, I had this Poached Salmon ready for the oven in about 3 minutes. If you love to cook, then you will undoubtedly have some decent evoo in the house. Mixed with fresh lemon juice, garlic and dill with salt to finish, this Parchment Poached Salmon will be a regular guest to dinner I’m sure. No smell, limited mess and ready in less than 15 minutes is what any and all on the go families need these days.
Prepping for the Parchment Poach:
- 2 lemons juiced and seedless
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 3 tbsp evoo
- salt to taste
- Parchment paper to wrap the Salmon
- 2-4 Salmon Filets
The Salmon Know hows:
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- in a small container, add your lemon, oil, garlic, and dill. Mix well.
- add your filets to your mixture and make sure they are turned and evenly coated.
- place your filets individually on a piece of parchment paper, sprinkle with salt. Fold sides first and the ends wrapped into each other.
- place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-9 mins.
- pull out your salmon and let rest for about 3 mins.
- serve with your favourite sides.I swear by this recipe and will be cooking it far more often now that fish is fair game in this house. With no smell and very little mess, this Parchment Poached Salmon will be on my menu at least twice a week. What is your favourite way to prepare Salmon?