Lemon and Blackberry Mini Loaf
Are you all ready for the warm weather to come and actually stay just like I am? I must be the biggest dreamer of the days to come because I really couldn’t resist creating these delicious Lemon and Blackberry Mini Loafs. We have had our share of beautiful and warm days these last couple of weeks but alas, it has become quite miserable and grey outside again.
Being the ever so optimistic and avid lover of the heat and sunshine, I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to create these amazingly simple yet elegant Lemon and Blackberry Mini loafs for the family. I figure if we can’t actually have the sun and the warmth that it brings, I can at least fill our gullets full of the long anticipated sunshine and warmth in these fantastic loafs. That and they double up beautifully for lunch snacks for the kids at school. I am definitely riding high on the praise from my kids for these scrumptious Lemon and Blackberry Mini Loafs.
Let’s face it, trying to make lunches for the pickiest of eaters five days a week for 9 months isn’t the easiest of tasks and to be quite honest with you, the winter months this year really took its toll on myself and the kids. Anything I can do to make them feel like the cold is on its way out and that the promise of warmer, funner days are ahead while filling their bellies with some incredibly easy and nutritious snacks for what easily become extremely boring lunches, I’m totally game for. And dare I say, These Lemon and Blackberry Mini Loafs totally did the trick and made them the envy of their classmates too.
Ready to make some of these delectable little mini loafs or what?
Mini Loaf Needs:
- 4 mini loaf containers (3.5 x 5 inch)
- 2 lemons
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- zest of one whole lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
hazy Dayzy Blackberry Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 3 blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease your mini loaf trays.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, sour cream, oil and zest and mix until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift your flour and baking powder together and slowly add to your wet ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed until just combined. Add your lemon extract and mix again until just combined.
- Evenly pour batter into greased loaf trays and bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping with glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until well combined. The glaze should be thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon yet a little runny. Shall we call it ooey gooey?
Talk about a super easy, super tasty addition to the kids lunches and a great way to ease the monotony of the colder weather. The kids lunches were stacked with these tantalizing tidbits for the week and needless to say, I have made them multiple times since then. Even J loves to sit down and start her day with a few slices of this ingenious Lemon and Blackberry Mini Loaf with a cup of tea as she starts her work day. Go on now, try it. I know you want to.