Holiday Fun With Mattel Games
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST IS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH MATTEL GAMES. AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS ARE ALL MINE.
With Christmas fast approaching and the school holidays right around the corner, We are constantly thinking of different things for the kids to do other than sit staring blankly at a screen. Our Holiday Fun With Mattel Games is sure to bring countless hours of fun not only for the kids but for mom and dad as well. Our kids’ ages are very far apart, they start at 7 months and end at 15. Albeit our 15-year-old doesn’t generally like to get involved with the family time entertainment, the rest of us are all in for family fun with these superb Mattel Games.
I was blessed this year to be sent the Uno game, Gas Out, Squawk and Kerplunk from Mattel and I gotta tell you, my kids have been having a blast every day with these games upon receiving them. I remember when I was younger, we had so much fun playing with Uno. Not only at school, but with my brothers and sister during the Holiday season. We also had lots of fun with whoopi cushions too. But nothing prepared me for the super coolness of the Gas Out game. Holy cow so much fun. My girls will play with the Kerplunk game long after they are supposed to be in bed and I have to tell you that I can’t blame them. It is not only extremely fun, it also requires a lot of precision thinking to ensure that the marbles don’t end up in your own slot.
Let’s Play Uno:
Ava has an incredible desire to play Uno constantly. I don’t mind. I’ll sit and play it with her gladly. Once we get going, it’s not long before the boys come in and start wanting to get into the game too. No matter to us! Uno is rated 7+ but leaving Justin who is five out on the sidelines just doesn’t seem fair so he gets to sit on dad’s lap and learn while I play. What a great game for those extra special bonding moments that are so needed nowadays as time seem to speed by faster than it ever has. If I can get my 5 and 7-year-old playing with my 11 and 12-year-old, I’m sold.
- Four suits of 25 cards each, plus the eight Wild cards
- Earn points from other players when you go out first
- Reach 500 points to win the standard game
- Two-handed, partner, and tournament options for even more action
- Includes 108-card deck plus instructions and scoring rules
msrp: $6.99 available here.
Getting the “Gas Out”
Oh how this game brings me back to the days of the good old whoopi cushion. This fast-moving card game is a phenomenal way to get all my kids interacting together in the most fun of ways. I don’t know about you, but when I was a kid and somebody (mainly me) farted, I laughed hysterically and thought there was nothing in the world funnier. The kids were pleasantly surprised at the ease of figuring out the rules of gameplay and even the younger kids caught on quite quickly. In my house, it’s always loud and it’s generally not a good loud. There is much to be said about a family game that can ease the volume in the house and transform it into sounds of pure delight and happiness. This my friends is the game that does it. Heck, even I get right into with them.
- Be the last player to pass Guster the gas cloud without him farting and win
- Players take turns playing gas out number cards in their hand and pressing Guster as many times as shown
- If Guster farts during your turn, you’re out
- Special game-changing gas out cards like skip and reverse keep the play tooting along
- Includes Guster (the electronic gas cloud) and 56 gas out card
MSRP: $19.99 available here.
Now, this is a really great game for younger kids. Pull the sticks carefully to make the marbles fall into one of the other players’ slots. Great game, takes a little more dexterity and fine motor skills but the age appropriation on the box is perfect. Age 5+ and 2-4 players keeps my kids well occupied and since Justin is included in the game, there truly is nothing left but laughter coming from the other room. being able to bring half of my kids together around the table and hearing them all laugh and actually play nice together, makes this dad a very happy dad.
- Ker Plunk! is a blast from the past with a cool look and attitude!
- Create a “lattice” of sticks midway through the translucent tube and place the marbles on top; players choose one of four compartments in the base — 2 to 4 people can play!
- Players take turns removing sticks while trying to prevent the marbles from dropping through
- The player with the least number of marbles at the end of the game, wins!
- A favorite game from yester-year that’s just as much fun today!
MSRP: $21.99 available here.
The concept of the game is quite simple. Wait for the chicken to lay the egg, play until one person has the most tokens, My older girls don’t have the patience for this game but my younger boys and Hanna absolutely love it. I so wish that we had toys like this when I was a young kid. Good thing I have all these kids so I can always play with them.
Squawk! One egg? One rubber chicken? One exploding hen house? What is this game? It’s giggling fun for kids age four and up! Roll the dice and then press on the chicken’s chest the number of times shown on the dice, and you’ll hear a funny “‘sQUAWK!” If she doesn’t lay an egg, then it’s the next player’s turn. But if the hen house opens, she’ll lay an egg that you get to crack open. Did the token inside land egg side up or chick side up? Egg side up: you”re out of luck this time, and it’s the next player’s turn. Chick side up: you get to collect a chick token. “Reset” the chicken and keep going until all six chick tokens are collected. The player who collects the most chick tokens in the winner. Squawking chicken sound effects make the game even more fun! For kids age four and up. Game includes 1 rubber chicken, 1 hen house, 1 egg, 1 dice, 1 egg token, 6 chick tokens, and 1 Rules Sheet.
- Kids will love this light-hearted game with the squawking chicken!
- Press the chicken and listen for the funny “‘sQUAWK!” If the hen house opens, the chicken will lay an egg that you get to “crack open”?
- Did the token inside land egg side up or chick side up? If it’s chick side up, you get to keep a chick token!
- the player with the most chick tokens wins!
- Giggling, squawking fun for kids age four and up.?
MSRP: $29.99 you can find it here.
If you’re tired of the computer screen and the T.V., these games from Mattel are awesome for hours of playtime fun. Make sure these games are on your list of things to buy! Your kids will thank you.