Festive Fall Pumpkin Tarts
Oh, how the fall season is fast approaching and Pumpkin season is on its way. These Festive Fall Pumpkin Tarts are the perfect addition to any countertop for the next two months easy. Here at my house, we love anything pumpkin and tart related. It’s no wonder that the two dozen or so of these that I made, the kids gobbled up about as quickly as I could get them cooled down. These Festive Fall Pumpkin Tarts are going to become a staple for our home for a long time coming.I love creating overpriced baked goods at home from scratch. The kitchen is my favourite place in the entire world. I plug into my music and everything just seems to disappear. There are no worries, no stress, nothing but me and a blank canvas so to speak to create what I feel and better yet, how I feel. These Festive Fall Pumpkin Tarts are no exception to that rule. I made all two dozen or so of these for well under $6 and the labour everyone is worried about? Well, let’s just say that my two-hour wait for this incredible pastry dough was well spent doing laundry and getting Hanna settled for her nap (yes, I take a quick half hour too). Check out this amazing Pastry dough recipe here.
Even the Photoshoot Couldn’t stop me!
This year I made a promise to myself to bake a huge portion of my kids’ school snacks and home snacks as well. Let me tell you, this Festive Fall Pumpkin Tart has made its way into my kids’ lunch bags more than once. They can’t get enough of them and the teachers? Well, let’s just say that they are envious to say the least. Nothing in these that my kids can’t pronounce and better yet, nothing I had to go out of my way to buy except for a can of pumpkin filling which I tweaked the heck out of. Did I mention that writing this is driving me nuts? I keep looking at the pictures and my stomach keeps growling at me for yet another bite!Awwa, is this making you hungry too? Well then, how about I stop teasing you and we’ll get down and dirty with some Festive Fall Pumpkin Tart making shall we?
Festive Fall Pumpkin Tart Essentials:
- pastry dough
- one can pumpkin filling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 5 tbsp Thyme Honey
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
Down and Dirty Pumpkin Tart Style:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all your ingredients and cook over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a very soft boil (bubbles just starting to form).
- Simmer for about two minutes and remove from heat to cool down ( as long as it takes for you to roll out and cut your pastry dough).
- Preheat your oven to 375 .
- on a lightly floured surface, roll out your pastry dough to about 1/4″ thickness.
- I used the top of my cookie jar as a cutter, but any circle that’s at least 5 inches should do nicely.
- lightly grease your muffin tins with butter and place your dough inside leaving a little extra around the edges for shrinkage.
- I used a small ice cream scoop to portion out my filling. Did I mention that it’s time to fill these bad boys?
- Fill your shells to just over 3/4 full and give them a gentle drop on the counter to get rid of any bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 22 – 28 minutes (I use the Breville Smart Air so I cook only 22 mins). Golden brown crust is what we are looking for.
- Your filling should be just set looking, give it a poke with your finger, it should bounce back ever so slightly.
- Remove from oven and cool in the tray for at least 15 minutes.
If these last long enough to save, use an airtight container and you’re good to go for about 5 days max. They never seem to even make it longer than a day around here so, I guess this was just a formality!That’s it my friends. Simple, delicious and a definite winner for everyone who has the good fortune of tasting these Festive Fall Pumpkin Tarts. What are some of your favourite fall sweet treats?