Easy Heart Shaped Hard Candy
Christmas has passed, a new year has begun, and Valentine’s day is right around the corner. This year my kids are loving school so much, I’ve decided to let them take some sweet treats to their valentines in class this year. These Easy Heart Shaped Hard Candy are the perfect addition to any kid’s valentine’s day.This year the younger boys will have a choice between a really cool printable which is coming in the next day or two, and these Easy Heart Shaped Candy treats. I somehow have a feeling that they will be taking both to school. We have been pretty adamant in the past about the kids only bringing candy free gifts for their friends. Time to loosen the reigns a bit and let them express their sweetness from the sweetness of these Easy Heart Shaped Candy.This recipe is nice and easy to make and is great for my older daughters to help me out with in the kitchen while they gain some great sweet treat experience for sure. You can feel free to flavour your hard candy and colour it as you see fit, but for this upcoming day full of love, I made these red and flavoured them with bubblegum which gives these Easy Heart Shaped Candy a delicious burst of flavour that is most appealing to all kids and most adults too.
Heart Shaped Candy Must Haves:
- Red Food Colouring
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp flavouring of choice
- Silicon heart-shaped molds
- In a medium heavy-bottomed pot, combine corn syrup, water and sugar and mix well.
- heat over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Boil for around 10 minutes or until hard crack stage (300 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and stir in your flavour and 15 drops of food colouring.
- Be sure to keep away from the steam while adding the flavour and colour.
- Fill your candy molds making sure to work quickly and as clean as possible.
- Once all your molds are filled, let candy sit for around 2 hours until it is hardened completely. These Easy Heart Shaped Hard Candy are an absolute hit around the house and I know that the kids in class are in for a delicious sweet and bubblegummy treat this upcoming Valentine’s Day. What are some of your favourite Valentine’s Day treats?