Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries
Well my friends, the warm weather is upon us, and Mother’s Day is right around the corner. For Mother’s Day this year I want to give J a succulent and out of her norm kind of sweet. These Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries are just what is needed for this most special of days. J isn’t the biggest strawberry fan on their own but, the added chocolate cream and chocolate drizzle make these Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries a huge success.
I was out the other day shopping and I stopped by a couple of chocolate shops as well as bakeries and I was appalled at what these guys are charging for a single strawberry. Just shy of highway robbery let me tell you. let’s not forget that most of these aren’t even Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries to begin with. The mother of my kids deserves the best and I aim to deliver with these decadent yet extremely simple tidbits.
We always have a surplus of all the essentials of these incredibly simple and delicious Cream Filled Chocolate Strawberries so this was more a matter of when to make them as opposed to oh man, I need to go and buy special items for this kind of recipe and Mother’s Day treat. You only need 6 ingredients to take your strawberry game to the next level I promise you that. Even the kids here who don’t like strawberries ever tried these bad boys and fell in love with them. Now that’s success.
Strawberry Design Essentials:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 large strawberries bored out
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- ziploc baggie
- piping bag with small star tip
- Freeze your mixing bowl and whisk for 15 mins.
- Wash and stem all your strawberries.
- using a paring knife, cut out a decent sized crater in each strawberry at the base.
- In your chilled mixing bowl, add the cream, cocoa, vanilla and icing sugar and beat 5-6 mins until very stiff peaks form.
- Fill piping bag and carefully fill your strawberries and set aside on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- in a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate in 20 second intervals stirring after each heating.
- when all your chocolate is melted, add chocolate to baggie and cut a small hole at one of the corners.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate in any design you’d like over your strawberries then refrigerate immediately.These insanely delicious and simple Cream filled Chocolate Strawberries are the perfect gift for your special mom this Mother’s Day and they are definitely made from the heart and the flavour is indicative of this. I promise you your mother will love it and if you’re making it for your special someone for your kids, there are tonnes of things the kids can do to help with the creation of these incredible Cream filled Chocolate Strawberries. Happy Mother’s Day!