As the holidays are fast approaching, I have been wanting to change up the festive snacks a little. These Chocolate Cream Filled Donut Holes certainly fit the bill. For too many years, as with most people, I have relied on the grocery stores to fill most of the holiday goodies and snacks. I have bought Chocolate Cream Filled Donut Holes from a slew of places, my kids have all had mixed opinions and views about the flavour and I generally throw out as much as we eat. God, I hate throwing away food.I don’t bake for myself anymore. I bake with only the kids in mind (yes, even when blogging). If the kids aren’t going to enjoy it, then why would I make it? It’s the same with shopping for treats and snacks. These Chocolate Cream Filled Donut Holes are the perfect blend of sweet and decadent, leaving you wishing you could eat just one more.As I said, I bake for my kids and after quite a few attempts at the Cream Filling, this unbelievably delicious donut was born. My two biggest critics were silenced for quite some time once I dialed in on the cream. The donuts were my trusted recipe and you can find it here.
Making Chocolate Cream:
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In the bowl of your mixer, add your cream and your sugar and mix until all sugar is combined.
- Slowly add in your chocolate sauce while beating on high.
- Let your cream mix until light and fluffy.
- Move cream to a piping bag fitted with a medium circle tip and refrigerate while the donuts cool completely off.
- When ready, stick a hole in the holes and fill up with cream until you are satisfied with the amount.
- Sift some icing sugar atop the finished donuts and store in a sealed or wrapped container in the fridge.
My kids really enjoy a nice and light filling and this hits the mark for all of them. You can feel free to make more of a frosting with icing sugar, for me, too sweet but would give it more countertop stay power for sure. Either way, it’s a personal thing. This is by far one of the easiest and most crowd-pleasing desserts by far. The flavours you can add to your cream filling are endless and this can certainly be served for any occasion or just for the heck of it too. I know I make variations of this all the time. Who doesn’t really love a donut hole?