Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice Product Review
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Breville Canada. All opinions are 100% mine and true.
If you’re anything like me, you spend a ton of your days puttering away in the kitchen creating and trying out new recipes or just revamping some favourites. This Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice Product Review is a true testament to what the ultimate kitchen accessory really looks like. The Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice Boasts a sleek and brushed chrome design that fits perfectly on any countertop and takes up very little space. I love it so much and am so fortunate to be doing the Breville Sous Chef 16 Product Review along with a stunning recipe too.When I was growing up, it was a small rural town about an hour north of Toronto. Tons of things to do, lots of farms and rolling hills, nothing beat a hard day’s play then coming home to some apple crumble stuffed apples. I remember how my mom used to stand over the counter with her little paring knife relentlessly peeling the apples piece by piece, then slicing around the core only to have to cut the apples even more. Talk about a labour of love. Jeesh, I’ve done it more often than not and it really is a labour. The love is obvious when it’s for your amazing family. The Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice alleviates all the labour and seriously lets you just add love. Amazing I say! You can check it out here .The Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice is very easy to put together and dismantle when you are finished using it. The ease of use and changing of the blades is exemplary and stands alone. it comes with its own accessory compartment with blade and spindle notices too. Nicely organized for even the neatest of people.
Stuffed Apple must haves:
- 4 small to medium royal gala apples
- 4 medium to large Macintosh apples
- 3/4 cup brown sugar divided
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice Food Processor
- Preheat oven to 350
- core your 4 royal gala apples
- Attach the peeler disc in your Sous Chef
- using the proper sized feeder chute, add your apples and turn on the processor.
- run for about 45 seconds and check your apples.
- remove peeled apples and replace peeler disc with dicing attachment.
- feed your apples through the feeder chute and dice those apples.
- in a deep set large pan, heat apples and 1/2 cup brown sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg until apples have sweat and thick sauce forms.
- take off heat and set aside.
- in a medium bowl combine the rest of the brown sugar, butter and oats and mix until rice sized balls form.
- with your Macintosh apples, use a soup spoon and hollow out your apple making sure to leave a somewhat thick wall.
- Dig out until you are almost at the bottom of the apple and set on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- fill apples with your filling and spread a generous amount of crumble ontop of apples.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until crumble is golden.
- Serve immediately, topped with your choice of many options.
Peel and Dice Specs:
- 1200 watt induction motor
- Heavy duty die cast metal base with gloss finish
- Improved and durable PFOA free Tritan™ co polyester working bowl
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Serrated Universal “S” Blade
- Dough blade for kneading and combining ingredients
- Mini blade for use with mini bowl
- 16 cup extra large working bowl
- 2 1/2 cup mini working bowl
- Extra wide
- 5½”feed chute for optimal dicing
- 1 feed chute
- 12 mm dicing kit (included)
- Variable slicing disc from .3mm to 8mm
- (paper thin to thick cut)
- Reversible Shredding disc, fine julienne, French fry disc,
- emulsifying disc, S blade, dough blade, and mini S blade
- Accessory storage box with dicing kit nested underneath
- Dicing distributor, cleaning brush, and plastic spatula
- Product Dimension
- 8 “(W) x 10.25(D) x 17.75”(H)
- 20 cm (W) x 26 cm (D) x 45 cm (H)
- 8.8 kg
- Storage Box
- 9.5” (W) x 12” (D) x 10.5” (H)
- 10.6 lb
- 24 cm (W) x 30.5 cm (D) x 26.5 cm (H)
- 4.9 kg
- 25-year Induction motor warranty
- 1-year limited product warranty
The Breville Sous Chef 16 Peel and Dice has fast become as well used member of my accessories and having it readily available on my counter for whatever recipe I choose to make, gives me a peaceful and easy feeling knowing that my time is going to be dramatically reduced thanks to this amazing food processor.