Bacon Wrapped Apples
This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy ate roast beef and this little piggy got all Bacon Wrapped around my Apple. Who says you can’t wrap bacon around absolutely anything. These amazingly scrumptious and delectable Bacon Wrapped Apples certainly solidify the conception of everything tastes better with bacon.
Here at our house, apples are a plenty but there are definitely times where there is an over abundance of them. So what do you do when you have a few too many Galas, Delicious, or Mac’s? That’s right my friends, you core ’em, dice ’em up nice and chunky and wrap those bad boys in a half slice of bacon and drool while you wait for them to get out of the oven and cool off. Perfect for a midday snack, a canape or, just because you can. Sweet and salt, chewy and crispy all at once. These Bacon Wrapped Apples will appease even the pickiest of eaters and having 8 kids, I happen to be just shy of an expert on the picky part.Around our house I like to have a variety of different apples. Gala apples are perfect for lunches, Macintosh for the pies and crisps and we can’t forget about the delicious for the sauces. Mia is a huge fan of my homemade applesauce. Now that she has passed the 12 month mark, even she will get the chance to try these mouth watering morsels of yummy. When I was creating this dish, i wasn’t sure if I wanted the full on sweetness of a delicious or the tartness of a Macintosh. I found that that Gala was the perfect marriage of both sweet and tart but didn’t quite hold its own when bacon wrapped. I inevitably ended up using the majority of apples as delicious and I also made a few for Mia using the Macintosh. Man how she loves these Bacon Wrapped Apples.
When Apple Meets Bacon:
- 2 cored and thick quartered delicious apples
- 1 lb bacon
I know what you’re thinking. Where’s the hard part? The tedious prep work? The pain in the butt? No my friends, there is none of that today. This is the epitome of Keep It Simple Stupid. I love the saying and try to keep my recipes around those guidelines too. No added salts, syrups or anything. Just some great tasting apples and bacon for this one.
Bacon Wrapped Apple Baking:
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Wash, core and quarter your apples.
- Cut your bacon slices into halves trying not to stretch out the bacon.
- Wrap your apple quarters with the bacon and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 14 mins depending on your oven. (I use the Breville Smart Oven Air)
- Remove from oven and let rest on some paper towel to catch any remaining fat.
- Serve immediately or eat them cold like I do.So it is definitely true that you can wrap bacon around anything and it will taste amazing. The whole apple in the roasting pigs mouth makes this an absolute no brainer but hey, it was like a light went on in this dad’s head when I thought about it so there’s that to be said too. I hope you enjoy these Bacon Wrapped Apples as much as we do.