I can’t wait for the kids to head back to school. Two more weeks and the silence once again begins. These Back to School Mini Quiche Bombs are a huge hit around my house any day of the week. The beautiful thing with these Back to School Mini Crustless Quiche Bombs is you can make them a couple of days before and serve them up to 3 days later. Let’s bake some Back to School Mini Crustless Quiche Bombs, shall we?
I have 6 kids all going to school at different times and it gets even more difficult to facilitate proper nutritious breakfasts for them if the morning has a glitch or someone (meaning me) sleeps in. It doesn’t happen often but I want to be much better prepared this year as opposed to last and that’s where these Back To School Mini Crustless Quiche Bombs come in so handy. I can make these days in advance (up to 3) if I choose to and you can literally fill them with anything you’d like. We eat a lot of meat here so for the breakfast and lunch meals, I like to fill the kiddos up with a ton of fruits and veggies. What a great way to add in some protein with the eggs and cheese.
Mini Crustless Quiche Bombs with Tomato, Broccoli, and Cheese
My kids are the pickiest eaters I have ever seen.This recipe can be altered at a moment’s notice or as an afterthought meaning the toppings all go in at the end. So you can feel free to make 6 of one or a half dozen of another. This combination is good all the way around for my kids so I rifled off a couple dozen in about 35 minutes. And if you really must know, after the photos were taken, I ate every last one of them but two. You’d better believe these Back To School Mini Crustless Quiche Bombs aren’t just for the kids, you’ll be making a batch for yourself as well.
Mini Crustless Quiche Bomb Must Haves:
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomato
- 1/4 cup finely diced broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- Silicon mini muffin tray
Oh, Mama, We’re Bomb Baking:
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl whisk your eggs, milk and baking powder until well combined
- Shred up your cheese and set aside on a plate
- Dice whatever veggies you like and set on the plate with the cheese
- Spray muffin tray with cooking spray and fill halfway with egg mixture
- Add your ingredients and fill remaining space with more egg mixture
- When your tray is full and raring to go, cook these bombs for 18-22 minutes (I use a Breville Smart Oven Air) so my timing is on the low side of the spectrum.
- When the Bombs are finished place the whole tray on a cooling rack for about ten minutes and pop these bad boys out while still warm.
You’ll certainly be hard pressed to share these guys so best get them sealed up in an airtight container and refrigerate them. And now you can start another batch cause we both know you just ate the last one too! Would your kids love these for breakfast too?
Loving this recipe? Pin it for later!